- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Michelle is the Gold Medal Finalist of Muscle Insider‘s Best Protein Chef 2020. Michelle is a passionate protein baker/chef that is dedicated to creating recipes to help others achieve their personal goals while maintaining a positive relationship with food. She believes food plays many different roles in our lives; nourishment for growth and healing, fuel for energy. She believes celebrations and traditions are all part of an experience that do not need to be restricted but replaced with ideal, quality ingredients without sacrificing taste or texture. Michelle is eager to share her delicious recipes and creative tips to help you succeed in reaching your personal goals while enjoying your food. For more of Michelle, she can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and for more tasty examples of her treats @cleaneats.treats
Turkey Burger Recipe
Protein packed, low carb (with the option of increased carbs) very filling and so delicious. These burgers can be whipped up in minutes and tossed in the oven while you multitask.
- 1 package of extra lean ground turkey (approximately 15oz)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tzatziki or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashew)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion
- 1tsp Parsley dried or 1 sprig chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2/3 cup carbquick flour for this low carb option (or use Italian breadcrumbs for regular version) .
- A squeeze of fresh lime
Optional: Try adding fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes…just a pinch.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Form 4 burgers with your mixture and place on your baking sheet lines with parchment paper (or greased oven grill plate)
- Bake for approximately 30-35 min, I flip halfway and broil mine for 3-5 the last few minutes
- Check with your meat thermometer that the centre reaches 165-170
Remove and enjoy with your favourite toppings. This one has tzatziki, tomato, red onion and lettuce served on a low carb sesame bun (provided from clean eats sweet treats).
For a low carb option, try lettuce wraps or protein wraps.
For a regular version, I suggest a brioche bun.
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
Each turkey patty contains (low carb version)
- Calories 261
- Protein 23.6g
- Carbs 2.5g (net 2.1)
- Fats 14.8g
- Fiber 7.4g
- Sugar 0.3g
With Italian Breadcrumbs
- Calories 289
- Protein 23.3g
- Carbs 14.8 (net 13.8g)
- Fats 12.8g
- Sugar 1.6g
For more mouth watering and healthy recipes, Michelle can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and @cleaneats.treats or right here in her column at Muscle Insider.
To keep up with the latest fitness industry news and product releases, subscribe to our free newsletter HERE!