- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Michelle is the Gold Medal Finalist of Muscle Insider‘s Best Protein Chef 2020. Michelle is a passionate protein baker/chef that is dedicated to creating recipes to help others achieve their personal goals while maintaining a positive relationship with food. She believes food plays many different roles in our lives; nourishment for growth and healing, fuel for energy. She believes celebrations and traditions are all part of an experience that do not need to be restricted but replaced with ideal, quality ingredients without sacrificing taste or texture. Michelle is eager to share her delicious recipes and creative tips to help you succeed in reaching your personal goals while enjoying your food. For more of Michelle, she can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and for more tasty examples of her treats @cleaneats.treats
Protein Vitality Balls
These gluten free, no bake morsels have a hint of melt in your mouth, with a subtle crunch, sweet with a hint of salty and packed with simple ingredients that will keep or give you that energy you need during an active day.
In a bowl mix together:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey (as an option you can substitute honey for less sugar maple syrup or liquid vitafiber if that fits your macros better)
Mix well then add:
- 1.5 cups oats (gluten free)
- 3 scoops whey protein I used a chocolate flavour @dymatize 1S0100 Cocoa pebbles
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup of your favourite trail mix (I recommend Prana’s organic Kilimanjaro deluxe chocolate mix (also gluten-free)
- Mix well
- Form 24 balls placing them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hrs to set
- Keep wrapped or in a sealed container ready to grab on the go.
Nutritional Info (Per morsel):
- Calories 170
- Protein 7.9g
- Total Fats 8.8g (saturated 1.4g)
- Carbohydrates 14.9g (Net 12.7g)
- Fiber 2.2g
- Sugar 7.6g (0 added sugars)
These were taste bud approved by picky eaters of all ages. Enjoy!
For more mouth watering and healthy recipes, Michelle can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and @cleaneats.treats or right here in her column at Muscle Insider.
To keep up with the latest fitness industry news and product releases, subscribe to our free newsletter HERE!