- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Michelle is the Gold Medal Finalist of Muscle Insider‘s Best Protein Chef 2020. Michelle is a passionate protein baker/chef that is dedicated to creating recipes to help others achieve their personal goals while maintaining a positive relationship with food. She believes food plays many different roles in our lives; nourishment for growth and healing, fuel for energy. She believes celebrations and traditions are all part of an experience that do not need to be restricted but replaced with ideal, quality ingredients without sacrificing taste or texture. Michelle is eager to share her delicious recipes and creative tips to help you succeed in reaching your personal goals while enjoying your food. For more of Michelle, she can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and for more tasty examples of her treats @cleaneats.treats
These homemade fudgesicles are so easy to make with just a few ingredients! Packed with protein, low in sugars and gluten free, they are extremely rich and chocolatey.
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa (I used Rodelle Dutch processed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 1/2 oz of chocolate chips (I use Krisida Chocolate Chips)
- 3 scoops of your favourite chocolate protein, I highly recommend Dymatize ISO100 Whey Isolate in Gourmet chocolate flavour
- Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste (I used dark chocolate liquid stevia drops approximately 8-10) maple syrup or honey would also work as an option
- Start by warming your canned coconut milk/cream in a pot on low/med heat
- Add in your vanilla & cocoa, continue whisking
- When heated add your chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Stir until melted
- Add in protein powder and stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- Remove from heat and let cool just a little before placing into your popsicle moulds.
- Let them sit for at least 6-7 hrs or, I suggest, overnight.
I recommend having a little fun with them and add some of your favourite toppings to the base, such as fruit, coconut flakes, peanut butter, nuts, granola or whatever makes you excited to reach the bottom of your fudgesicle.
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
This recipe makes approximately 7 90g popsicles.
- Calories: 220
- Fat 16.3 g (12.5g saturated)
- Protein 12.9g
- Carbs 14.2 g (7.1 net carbs)
- Sugar 1.2 g
- Fiber 7.1 g
For more mouth watering and healthy recipes, Michelle can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and @cleaneats.treats or right here in her column at Muscle Insider.
To keep up with the latest fitness industry news and product releases, subscribe to our free newsletter HERE!