- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Michelle is the Gold Medal Finalist of Muscle Insider‘s Best Protein Chef 2020. Michelle is a passionate protein baker/chef that is dedicated to creating recipes to help others achieve their personal goals while maintaining a positive relationship with food. She believes food plays many different roles in our lives; nourishment for growth and healing, fuel for energy. She believes celebrations and traditions are all part of an experience that do not need to be restricted but replaced with ideal, quality ingredients without sacrificing taste or texture. Michelle is eager to share her delicious recipes and creative tips to help you succeed in reaching your personal goals while enjoying your food. For more of Michelle, she can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and for more tasty examples of her treats @cleaneats.treats
Protein Camp Cookies
This recipe is a perfect example of tossing things together in a pinch and making it work. I used just the basics of what I had available while camping, keeping in mind macros, flavours and texture. A protein cookie is great to have while out on the boat and easy to pack on the go.
Makes 3 cookies.
- half of a medium banana
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 medium avacado
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- mash together well with a fork then add
- 1 package of oats (45g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops of your favourite whey protein powder or vegan protein option (I used @dymatize ISO100 whey protein gourmet chocolate flavour)
- sweetener of choice to desired sweetness (I used 1 tablespoon stevia)
OPTIONAL: 1 square dark chocolate chopped, roasted nuts (I used approximately 5 cashews)
- Mix together
- Arrange on a microwaveable plate and microwave 1-2 minutes (microwaves vary so check after 1 minute and every 20 seconds afterwards)
- Let sit for 1 min before eating
- Store the rest in an airtight container up to 5 days
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
- Calories: 297
- Protein: 21.5g
- Fat: 13.8g
- Carbs: 22.3g (net 18.4)
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sugar: 8.3g
For more mouth watering and healthy recipes, Michelle can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and @cleaneats.treats or right here in her column at Muscle Insider.
To keep up with the latest fitness industry news and product releases, subscribe to our free newsletter HERE!