- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Michelle is the Gold Medal Finalist of Muscle Insider‘s Best Protein Chef 2020. Michelle is a passionate protein baker/chef that is dedicated to creating recipes to help others achieve their personal goals while maintaining a positive relationship with food. She believes food plays many different roles in our lives; nourishment for growth and healing, fuel for energy. She believes celebrations and traditions are all part of an experience that do not need to be restricted but replaced with ideal, quality ingredients without sacrificing taste or texture. Michelle is eager to share her delicious recipes and creative tips to help you succeed in reaching your personal goals while enjoying your food. For more of Michelle, she can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and for more tasty examples of her treats @cleaneats.treats
Christmas Fudge: With Added Protein And Less Sugar
Christmas Fudge with a twist...Added Protein And Less Sugar!
In a microwave safe bowl add:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup krisda chocolate chips (these are stevia sweetened) for a vegan option use lily dale chips
Warm until melting (30 sec at a time)
Stir till they combine then add:
- 2 tablespoons butter (for vegan option cashew butter is a great substitute)
- 6-8 drops of chocolate liquid stevia (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Optional if you like it extra sweet add 1/3 cup powdered stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 scoops of favourite chocolate protein (I use Dymatize ISO100 fudge brownie)
- 2/3 unsweetened coconut cream
TIP: Try to use the cream at the top of the can.
Mix briskly all together.
Pour into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper (coming up the sides so it is easy to remove later)
NOTE: some of the oils will settle to the top this is ok.
OPTIONAL: grate 1/4 of a candy cane on top for a festive presentation. Texture and added taste.
Place in the freezer overnight or at least 4 hrs. Cut into 16 pieces, enjoy and share
These delicious slices will get a little melty if left out so I keep mine in the freezer until I’m ready to serve.
Nutritional Info Per Piece:
- Total Calories 121
- Fats 10.8g (saturated 2.4)
- Carbs 5.3g (net 2.6)
- Fiber 3.2g
- Protein 4g
- Sugar 0.4g