- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Michelle is the Gold Medal Finalist of Muscle Insider‘s Best Protein Chef 2020. Michelle is a passionate protein baker/chef that is dedicated to creating recipes to help others achieve their personal goals while maintaining a positive relationship with food. She believes food plays many different roles in our lives; nourishment for growth and healing, fuel for energy. She believes celebrations and traditions are all part of an experience that do not need to be restricted but replaced with ideal, quality ingredients without sacrificing taste or texture. Michelle is eager to share her delicious recipes and creative tips to help you succeed in reaching your personal goals while enjoying your food. For more of Michelle, she can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and for more tasty examples of her treats @cleaneats.treats
Chocolate Protein Hummus
This creamy, delicious dish is perfect as a snack and for sharing while pairing with your favourite fruits, nuts or crackers. Try spreading over your pancake for brunch.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 can of black beans 540ml (or try chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup less sugar added maple syrup (I used ED Smith).
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Sun butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops of your favourite chocolate protein
- (I love dymatize ISO100 coco pebbles whey protein isolate)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/3 cup stevia ( or try 6/8 drops of dark chocolate liquid stevia)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
OPTIONAL: For extra chocolate add 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate chips (not included in these macros)
- Mix well in a blender or food processor.
- Let chill in the fridge for 1 hr (if you can wait).
- Serve with your favourite fruits. Try apple, banana coconut chips, pair with Crackers, Nuts, on waffles or protein pancakes and more.
- Keep refrigerated for up to five days.
This recipe makes 3.25 cups
Nutritional Info (1 serving = 1/4 cup):
- Calories 220
- Protein 14.2 G
- Fats 10.6 G (saturated 1.8)
- Carbs 15.6 ( net 9.7)
- Fiber 5.9 G
- Sugar 3.8 G
What would you pair with your chocolate hummus ?