- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Baking With Bayan
Bayan is a passionate protein chef who won Muscle Insider's Best Protein Chef 2017 contest. Each month, he will bring you the most creative yet healthy recipes.
3 High-Protein Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Protein Waffle
- 70 g gluten-free flour
- 33 g chocolate sprouted grain protein
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 200 mL almond milk
- 1 Tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 80 mL coconut ice cream
- ½ Tbsp dark chocolate drizzle
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl until creamy.
- Pour half into waffle iron and cook until crisp and firm.
- Top with coconut cream and chocolate and serve!
- 38 g Protein
- 82 g Carbs
- 18 g Fat
Healthy Turkey Burger
- 1–2 servings
- Makes 3 evenly sized burgers
- 310 g ground Turkey
- 1¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp cranberries
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 60 g feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley (optional)
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Shape into patties and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes a side.
- Place on baking pan and bake in oven at 375°F for 8–10 minutes.
- Serve on bun of choice with fresh avocado.
- 69 g protein
- 34 g carbs (with bun; without bun is 7 g carbs)
- 59 g fats
- 60 g (½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 90 g (6 Tbsp) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 g (1 tsp) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Add any spice of your choice
- Egg white wash to top the bagels (optional)
- 225 g ground turkey, cooked
- Handful of spinach
- 1 cup whole mushrooms
- Fresh herb tomato sauce
- ½ cup cheese low-fat mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Mix flour and yogurt and knead together on a floured countertop or with stand mixer. Dough will be sticky.
- Roll into a ball and then flatten out with hands.
- Spray a sheet of parchment with oil, then transfer your dough to your sheet. Using a rolling pin, evenly roll out.
- Add seasonings of choice. You can add your egg wash here before applying your seasoning.
- Bake at 375°F for at least 18–22 minutes or so. If you want a crispier center, broil for a couple minutes. Ovens will vary!
- A few minutes before you remove your crust, add your sauce, toppings, and cheese. Place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- 78 g protein
- 75 g carbs
- 34 g fat
To keep up with the latest fitness industry news and product releases, subscribe to our free newsletter!