Baking With Bayan
It's truly possible to eat donuts and creamy parfaits everyday and still fulfill your fitness goals! Bayan Sharafi is a passionate protein chef/baker who recently won Muscle Insider's Best Protein Chef 2017 Contest, and is taking protein foods and snacks to the next level. His only goal is to bring you the most creative, macro-balanced treats and food recipes that satisfy you and allow for variety in your diet. Bland diets work because they're easy, but they're boring. Everything is made with clean ingredients so even if you're prepping for a competition, want to lose weight, or gain lean muscle, you can make and fit any of the recipes into your plan.
Gluten Free Fluffy Nutella Protein Banana Loaf
Soft, Delicate, Moist and will fill your soul with macro goodness.
Macros: ( Whole Loaf)
2 ripe Bananas
1/3 cup Coconut Oil or Butter * I mix both together, 2 tbsp of each
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon(optional)* adds a nice balance to the sweetness.
1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar(optional)
1 scoop + 2 Tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/8 Tsp Salt
4 Tbsp Nutella
1/2 fresh Banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Begin with your wet ingredients. In a bowl add bananas and coconut oil/butter, and mash together ( using a fork or masher) until creamy.
- Add in Vanilla extract and egg, mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Begin to stir your wet goods, and slowly add in dry ingredients, while keeping a consistent stir.
- Mix until fully combined and thick. Taste test. If it doesn't satisfy your sweetness, add in your coconut sugar. If you want it to be creamier, add in 1 tbsp of softened butter or coconut oil.
- Now its time to make our Nutella infuser! In a ziploc bag, add your 4tbsp of Nutella. Force it all to a corner( imitating a pipping bag) and cut the tip of your ziploc. Set aside.
- Grease a loaf pan using cooking spray or coconut oil. Pour half of batter inside and even out. Using your Nutella infuser, squeeze Nutella over batter. Use half of your Nutella portion. * squeeze in long straight lines or in a “S” pattern.
- Pour remaining batter over top, even out. Squeeze rest of Nutella over top loaf.
- Bake for 26-31 minutes. Use a toothpick to test center for doneness.
- Let cool. Slice fresh banana and cover the outside of the loaf. Serve and enjoyyyyyy.
BONUS: Banana Loaf French Toast:
- Preheat pan to medium heat.
- Scramble an egg in a bowl. Dip banana bread slice in egg and cook on both sides. Top with Maple syrup and be prepared to have your mind blown.