- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest Results
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Baking With Bayan
It's truly possible to eat donuts and creamy parfaits everyday and still fulfill your fitness goals! Bayan Sharafi is a passionate protein chef/baker who recently won Muscle Insider's Best Protein Chef 2017 Contest, and is taking protein foods and snacks to the next level. His only goal is to bring you the most creative, macro-balanced treats and food recipes that satisfy you and allow for variety in your diet. Bland diets work because they're easy, but they're boring. Everything is made with clean ingredients so even if you're prepping for a competition, want to lose weight, or gain lean muscle, you can make and fit any of the recipes into your plan.
Almond Fudge Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Brownie Sandwich
It's a mouthful to say, but a mouthful of goodness
Macros: Per Cookie( makes 4 servings)
Almond Fudge Protein Brownie
1/2 cup Mashed Banana ( 1 banana)
1/8 Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Almond Butter
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder
4-6 Oreo Thins
Protein Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tbsp White Icing ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lets start with the Almond fudge brownies. Begin with mashing your banana in a bowl until fully mashed.
- Add in rest of ingredients( minus the oreos), and stir until reaches a balanced consistency.
- Portion into cupcake cups then top and slightly press each oreo thin into brownie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Use the toothpick test to check doneness.
- Once done, let cool.
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- While Almond Brownies are being baked, let's make your PB cookies!
- In a bowl add all ingredients and stir until your mix reaches a firm texture.
- Set up a baking pan with parchment paper. Use 1 heaping tbsp portions of PB dough and roll into a ball, flatten into a cookie shape and place of pan.
- Your dough will make 6 big cookies. You can also re adjust this to make smaller cookies.
- Bake in oven at 350F for 12-13 minutes. As soon as the cookies has a golden brown bottom, they're done.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Brownie Cookie Combo:
- Remove the brownies from the cupcake wraps, and using a small plate or spatula, gently press down on the brownies to flatten them.
- Layer your flattened brownies on your PB cookies so you can turn them into sandwiches!
- Using your icing, put in a ziploc bag( imitating a pipping bag) and surround the outside of the brownie. Then top with your second PB cookie.
- Eat your sandwiches :)