- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Baking With Bayan
It's truly possible to eat donuts and creamy parfaits everyday and still fulfill your fitness goals! Bayan Sharafi is a passionate protein chef/baker who recently won Muscle Insider's Best Protein Chef 2017 Contest, and is taking protein foods and snacks to the next level. His only goal is to bring you the most creative, macro-balanced treats and food recipes that satisfy you and allow for variety in your diet. Bland diets work because they're easy, but they're boring. Everything is made with clean ingredients so even if you're prepping for a competition, want to lose weight, or gain lean muscle, you can make and fit any of the recipes into your plan.
3 High-Protein Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Protein Waffle
- 70 g gluten-free flour
- 33 g chocolate sprouted grain protein
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 200 mL almond milk
- 1 Tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 80 mL coconut ice cream
- ½ Tbsp dark chocolate drizzle
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl until creamy.
- Pour half into waffle iron and cook until crisp and firm.
- Top with coconut cream and chocolate and serve!
- 38 g Protein
- 82 g Carbs
- 18 g Fat
Healthy Turkey Burger
- 1–2 servings
- Makes 3 evenly sized burgers
- 310 g ground Turkey
- 1¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp cranberries
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 60 g feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley (optional)
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Shape into patties and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes a side.
- Place on baking pan and bake in oven at 375°F for 8–10 minutes.
- Serve on bun of choice with fresh avocado.
- 69 g protein
- 34 g carbs (with bun; without bun is 7 g carbs)
- 59 g fats
- 60 g (½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 90 g (6 Tbsp) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 g (1 tsp) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Add any spice of your choice
- Egg white wash to top the bagels (optional)
- 225 g ground turkey, cooked
- Handful of spinach
- 1 cup whole mushrooms
- Fresh herb tomato sauce
- ½ cup cheese low-fat mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Mix flour and yogurt and knead together on a floured countertop or with stand mixer. Dough will be sticky.
- Roll into a ball and then flatten out with hands.
- Spray a sheet of parchment with oil, then transfer your dough to your sheet. Using a rolling pin, evenly roll out.
- Add seasonings of choice. You can add your egg wash here before applying your seasoning.
- Bake at 375°F for at least 18–22 minutes or so. If you want a crispier center, broil for a couple minutes. Ovens will vary!
- A few minutes before you remove your crust, add your sauce, toppings, and cheese. Place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- 78 g protein
- 75 g carbs
- 34 g fat
To keep up with the latest fitness industry news and product releases, subscribe to our free newsletter!