- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest Results
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Originally from Nova Scotia, Nutrabolics sponsored athlete Mike Johnson is one of the most conditioned pros on the Canadian muscle scene! He currently lives and trains in Chateauguay, Quebec where he's an inspiration to many.
Over 10 years ago, Mike began bodybuilding as a hobby and this hobby quickly became a passion. It was also about 10 years ago that he started to pursue career opportunities. He joined military in January 1999 and started a university education in September 1999 at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada. He graduated from there with a Kinesiology degree, as well as an engineering diploma in 2006. Afterwards, he went on to attain his Level 1 and Level 2 firefighter certifications, also in Nova Scotia. In 2009, he moved to Quebec, got married in the spring of 2010 and had a baby girl in the fall of 2010. After the birth of his daughter, he decided to train seriously in bodybuilding.
2011 CBBF Nationals
Mike entered the 2011 CBBF Canadian National Championships which were held in Laval Quebec. He placed first in Super Heavyweight Class and won the Overall title. He was awarded an IFBB Pro Card along with fellow competitor Renaldo Gairy who placed 2nd overall in the competition.
His goal is now to be one of the best professional bodybuilders within the next two years. Life brings about many changes but one thing that's always been constant in his life is his passion for bodybuilding.
MIke Johnson Stats:
Birthday: August 25, 1981
Off Season Weight: Around 250 lbs. (very lean)
Competition Weight: Last comp was 225 lbs.
Favorite Body Part: Back
Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts
Strengths: Shape, Symmetry, Conditioning
Contest History Bodybuilding
- 2013 Toronto Pro Supershow 15th
- 2013 New York Pro 15th (pro debut)
- 2011 Canadian National Championships Men’s Superheavy 1st (+ Overall)
- 2009 Nova Scotia Provincial Men’s Heavy 1st (+ Overall)
- 2009 Atlantic Championships Men’s Heavy 1st
- 2006 Nova Scotia Provincial Men’s Heavy 1st
- 2006 Atlantic Championships Men’s Heavy 1st
- 2005 Nova Scotia Provincial Men’s Light Heavy 2nd
- 2005 Atlantic Championships Men’s Light Heavy 4th
- 2004 Nova Scotia Provincial Men’s Middle 3rd
- 2004 Atlantic Championships Men’s Light Heavy 1st
- 2002 Nova Scotia Provincial Men’s Junior Middle 1st (+ Overall)
- 2002 Atlantic Championships Men’s Junior (One Class) 1st
- 2008 CPU National Powerlifting & Bench Press Championship 4th (110kg class)
- 2008 CPU Nova Scotia Provincials 1st (110kg class)
- 2007 CPU National Bench Press Championship 2nd (110kg class)
- 2007 CPU Nova Scotia Provincials 1st (110kg class)
For more info on Mike, visit his website at: http://mike-w-johnson.com