- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Scott Welch has devoted his career studying performance enhancement and weight loss through dietary intervention. He received a bachelor of applied science degree in Nutrition from Ryerson University and later completed a post-graduate certificate in advertising. He’s had countless interactions with leading scientists, doctors, and hundreds of trainers from around the world, giving him a unique perspective that others lack. Welch founded MUSCLE INSIDER in 2009.
Dan Duchaine Post Cycle Therapy
Those of you around the steroid scene for a while will recognize Dan Duchaine as the original "Steroid Guru". His book "The Underground Steroid Handbook" was wildly popular in the 80s and 90s and was one of the very first resources steroid users had at their disposal to get educated with. The book was later updated with a "part 2" and in 1992 had yet another update printed.
Now one of the most popular questions we get here at MUSCLE INSIDER is how can one get off steroids while keeping the gains they made? Now of course we don't promote the use of steroids and think there are great ways to make gains without their use, but if you have questions on their use, we're not going to leave you high and dry! We'll always seek out the most qualified experts to help you find info you're looking for. So without further delay, here is Dan Duchaine's original Post Cycle Therapy which is still very current even with the creation of newer PCT "theories" and drugs used today for PCT.
Dan Duchaine Post Cycle Therapy:
- Find an ideal time to stop the drugs. An ideal time is when you are training regularly, have tight control of your eating, and seem reasonably happy.
- Always taper the dosages, starting with injectables. The taper should go from full dosage to no dosage over a four week span.
- Taper your tablet dosage down ever three days starting during the third week that injectables are tapered. Taper the toxic orals out first, i.e. taper Anadrol before Anavar.
- Continue or add Nolvadex for 3-4 weeks after the steroid cessation, then taper the Nolvadex over a two week period.
- Begin HCG therapy at the end of the third week of the taper…usual dosage is 1,000 IUs every third day.
- Use effective non-steroidal anabolics immediately after stopping the steroids after the fourth week. Synthroid, Co B12, L-Dopa, Catapres, Arginine and Ornithine are recommended.
- Eliminate most joint stressing compound movements from weight training for 4-6 weeks after stopping steroids.
- Modify your training to stimulate natural testosterone production. Five reps per set with three minutes of rest, and more than one workout session per day is reccommended.