- Q&A Columns
- Contest Photos
- Contest News
- Athlete Profiles
- Product Reviews
Michelle is the Gold Medal Finalist of Muscle Insider‘s Best Protein Chef 2020. Michelle is a passionate protein baker/chef that is dedicated to creating recipes to help others achieve their personal goals while maintaining a positive relationship with food. She believes food plays many different roles in our lives; nourishment for growth and healing, fuel for energy. She believes celebrations and traditions are all part of an experience that do not need to be restricted but replaced with ideal, quality ingredients without sacrificing taste or texture. Michelle is eager to share her delicious recipes and creative tips to help you succeed in reaching your personal goals while enjoying your food. For more of Michelle, she can be found on Instagram @michelleralphlarose_ and for more tasty examples of her treats @cleaneats.treats
Sweet Potato Protein Breakfast Bowl
This warm seasonal bowl is full of nutritional comfort. Perfect for a pre-workout meal and is immune boosting. This autumn spiced recipe makes 4 bowls and easy to meal prep for future eating (stays fresh in the refrigerator up to 5 days).
What you will need:
- 600G sweet potato pre steamed (I place mine in an Instapot for 20 min with a cup of water)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric purée
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk (almond or coconut would be another great option)
- 4 scoops @dymatize Cinnamon roll ISO100 whey protein
- mix well in your mixer or blender
- Separate evenly into your containers (approximately 202g)
- top each bowl with 2 chopped dates, 5g of pecan, 15g sliced pear
OPTIONAL: to sweeten furthe,r add a tablespoon of sugar free maple syrup. And more cinnamon if you love cinnamon as much as I do.
Per bowl calories 305
Carbs 40.6 g (35 net)
Here a just a few benefits in this delicious bowl:
- It’s packed with vitamin A & C making it immune boosting
- helps with absorption of important vitamins, collagen
- Tumeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and promotes brain function.
- Ginger is great for digestion, helps fight colds and the flu, reduces muscle soreness and pain.
- And protein of coarse is an important building block for muscles, bones and suppressing hunger